The PlayStation 4 System Can and Will suffer from a White light of death issue commonly known as the WLOD. This basically means that your PlayStation 4 is ON with a constant white light and no video or picture on the screens. And that could be caused by many factors.
The Common issues:
- Broken HDMI Port! In that case, you will need the PS4 HDMI Port Repair Service
- The official White light of Death Issue. Where the port is perfect but a motherboard issue is preventing the system from showing any image
How to troubleshoot:
- Buy a new HDMI cable and test!
- Wiggle the HDMI cable slightly. if your tv starts to show a signal… then it’s your port. Get the PS4 HDMI Port Repair Service
- Try this:
- Completely turn off your system
- Press and hold the power button.
- If you hear 2 beeps let go.
- If you see a screen Then you don’t have the WLOD
- Otherwise, the WLOD is a motherboard issue that needs a repair
Troubleshooting the White Light Of Death (WLOD) Issue – Video
If all fails send us your PS4 and we will fix it!
Repairing the White Light Of Death (WLOD) Issue – Video
PlayStation 4 WLOD Repair Blog
The Original PS4 WLOD repair
At TDR we have fixed the most WLOD issues for customers and other repair shops alike!
Do not waste your time anywhere… this is the level of precision we use here at TDR. get it done right the first time!
PS4 White Light Of Death (WLOD) No Picture after HDMI Port Replacement
PlayStation 4 White Light of Death (WLOD) is no longer lethal! We bring these consoles back from the dead! If you’ve had an HDMI Port replacement and you still don’t get the picture, give us a call and send it over!